Jessica and I would love to get to know you. But first, we are going to tell you a little about ourselves. Here are 10 things about each of us that you might not know!
1. I love exclamation points!!! Sarah makes fun of me for how many I use in emails & texts, but I don't care! To me, exclamation points show I'm happy and fun!
2. I am a huge geek. You get a glimpse of this when you read my little ditty on our about page but not the true extent hah! I love Star Wars, Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings & Outlander (hello, Jamie Fraser!!!). Going to comic cons with my husband is one of my favorite things.
3. Speaking of geeky things, my husband and I met on an online video game! We've been happily married for 6 years now :)
4. While I'm not very good at it, I love playing pub trivia! A few years ago, one of our couples became great friends with my husband and me. They introduced us to pub trivia and we've been playing ever since!
5. Now speaking of pub trivia, once a week I listen to the podcast Trivial Warfare in hopes that it will make me a better player. I'm not sure that it has but I still enjoy listening each week!
6. One of my [many] quirks is the way I eat my food. I am a big advocate of the "perfect bite" and "saving the best for last." If I have different things on my plate, I will taste each one to decide which is best and save that for last. I'll also eat my favorite flavors of candy last.
7. I would pick adventuring through a new city over laying on the beach any day. Growing up, our yearly family vacations were to the Outer Banks in NC and while I loved them, I think I got my fill of beach time. Now when we are picking out a place to vacation, I find myself leaning towards cities like Boston, New York, Edinburgh or Dublin.
8. While I have my share of Star Wars shirts, my wardrobe pretty much comes from LOFT & Banana Republic with a little Old Navy thrown in. I love classic pieces that stay in style no matter the season.
9. I am in love with my mint Kate Spade purse. Sarah refers to her as "Kate."
10. Now I'm gonna get a little mushy. My husband is my best friend. We have fun taking adventures together or just laying on the couch. He makes me laugh with his cheesy "dad jokes" and holds me when I need a good cry. He'll dance with me around the house for no reason at all and I wouldn't have it any other way.
- I love Country music. If I'm listening to music, most likely it's Country. Jessica is always amazed when we listen to the radio and I know the words to almost every song that comes on.
- Fruit is the greatest food. I will try any fruit and I have loved all of the ones I've tried, even star fruit, it's weird and very sour.
- Lipstick is my favorite kind of makeup. I grew up as quite the "Tom boy," but within the last several years I've developed a love of makeup and especially lipstick.
- I'm not a huge fan of technology, and it really doesn't like me. I have the hardest time getting websites to work. And I tend to Google a lot of things that I can't figure out. Jessica and my friends laugh at me when I hand them my phone or iPad and say "fix it!"
- I like to sew. I often get handed pants, shirts, or the like that need mended. I've made lots of curtains, a dog bed, and some kids clothes, too.
- I LOVE period dramas. I've seen just about every one that is on Netflix. And I cry like a baby at a lot of them. Favorites include "Pride and Prejudice" (2005 version), "Jane Eyre" (Michael Fassbender!!!), and "Downton Abbey."
- Cooking, and especially baking, is one of my all-time favorite things to do. I would bake every day if it didn't make me gain weight. But cooking for friends is so fun.
- One of my favorite quotes is from Audrey Hepburn: "I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in life."
- I'm very clean. My house is ready for visitors every day. I hate clutter and when things are dirty. However, I hate doing dishes, those tend to sit in the sink for a few days sometimes.
- When I'm stressed or overwhelmed, I get the intense urge to run away. Most of the time I just take a drive but I really get the bug to travel far away. I do face my problems because I'm a grown-up and have to, but that doesn't mean running away doesn't cross my mind sometimes.